Monday, January 21, 2013

Smores got overboard!




The crust was hanging out in our fridge since New Year's day so I decided to make something out of it, all I have in my pantry is a can of peaches and chocolates and basic baking stuffs. I decide to get sweet crazy. 

GRAHAM CRUST + HOMEMADE CARAMEL SAUCE + MELTED MARSHMALLOW + MELTED SEMISWEET CHOCOLATE + ROASTED MARSHMALLOW

If you want you can add chopped walnuts, mnm's, etc in between....

It was so sinful that one spoonful can make you feel guilty for the next two days. But my brother and my nephew didn't feel guilty at all, they finished the whole thing overnight that I didnt have the chance to take a photo in sliced form. This is good if your heartbroken and needed some sweet comfort.

Homemade Caramel Sauce Recipe

1 cup brown sugar, packed
4T all purpose flour
1/2 cup boiling water + 1/2 t vanilla
pinch of salt
2 T butter ( half of a stick)
1/2 cup all purpose cream

* Combine sugar and flour in a saucepan. Add water and bring to a boil. Add a pinch of salt. Add more water if the mixture is too thick.
*Remove from heat. Stir in butter and cream. Whisk until smooth in consistency. NOT FOR CAKE FILLING, WONT HOLD FORM. GOOD FOR DRIZZLING, TURTLE PIE, BROWNIES, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment