Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Honeycomb Apple Pie




One thing I have learned in my baking experience is we eat what we see, if it doesn't look scrumptious enough to eat well no one will really enjoy it. Be ridiculously obsess with detail but still pay attention to flavor, believe me they see your downsides even it taste like heaven.

I already made an apple pie a week ago but honestly it didn't please me visually  although it taste really good, so I decided to bake another "honeycomb" design apple pie. 

Last time I used the bottle cap of my olive oil to punch holes in my crust for that "honeycomb" effect, it turned out alright but it wasn't perfect as I would like it to be, so this time I scavanged through my pantry looking for something round that I can use to punch out the dough... Lo and Behold I found the "coupler". Yes the coupler that you use for your piping bags.

I suggest that you punch the "honeycomb" pattern before laying the top crust into the pie. Punching the dough to an attached top crust will create some messy work. 

The edges of this apple pie is made up of the punched out round doughs. I clipped them into the edge of the crust to create this look. See? No waste!

Be resourceful with your baking gadgets, don't buy everything. Especially the famed Egg Separators...cant you use your hands?

Happy Apple Pie Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment