Saturday, June 23, 2012

Pineapple Upside Down Cake















I am more partial with fruit infused cakes. I used to love Red Ribbon's Mango Cake so much... (well that was before it got  commercialized), but I can still eat that cake. I just love the fruity side of cakes. Its refreshing in the taste buds, not heavy and too rich like chocolate cakes. Although for some people especially for the chocoholics they will disagree on this. This is just me.


Pineapple Upside Down Cake is a classic cake. When I was just a kid I love looking at them, and wonder if I can only eat the top part. I always love that caramelized pineapple and caramel drenched chiffon cake combo. 


If you love fruits, caramelized sugar and fluffy chiffon cakes, then you definitely love Pineapple Upside Down.




P.S.


You can substitute Pineapple with thinly sliced apple (use fuji), Fruit Cocktail Mix, Peaches, Mangoes (half an inch thick slices), Pears, even Bananas (saba variety thinly sliced). Just make sure to have a caramel base!   


HAPPY WEEKEND GUYS!



No comments:

Post a Comment