Monday, June 25, 2012

Iloilo's Best Tacos




I have a penchant for simple and delicious foods, foods that are not complicated just plain and simple delicious.

Gulliver's Taco Bar in The Atrium here in Iloilo City is one example of simple comforting delicious food. Gulliver's Taco Bar is an old stuff, its just a cart and you can even miss it if you don't know it existed, it is in the ground floor right in the foot of the escalator. It sells Tacos, sometimes roast beef sandwich, fresh lumpia (ubod), chinese lumpia, pork barbeque then banana cupcakes. I first tasted their taco I think when I was still in grade school since then if I have chance to pass by the Atrium I grab one. 

Their taco is simple.. sauteed ground beef, shredded cabbage, diced tomatoes, grated cheese and ketchup. I always have the spicy kind so it has hot sauce. and one thing both weird and wonderful is their taco shell is not even the tortilla kind its made with stacked lumpia wrapper deep fried to the shape of a taco shell dont worry its not greasy. I cant figure out how they do it... :P

One thing though its messy to eat... but its worth it. Every bite taste like home... warm, comforting and peaceful. Yes peaceful! Your mind clears while eating this classic favorite... Seriously, for me it does.

So if ever you pass by The Atrium grab one. You won't regret it.


“Just when we think we’ve figured things out, the universe throws us a curveball. So we have to improvise. We find happiness in unexpected places. We find our way back to the things that matter the most. The universe is funny that way. Sometimes it just has a way of making sure we wind up exactly where we belong.”

No comments:

Post a Comment