Saturday, January 5, 2013

Welcome 2013: The Awesome Blueberry Cheesecake




Thank you 2012. Hello 2013. My new year baking resolution is to make more beautiful, simple and elegant cakes. I promise not to go "piping-happy"... pipe here pipe there pipe everywhere. RIDICULOUS ME. I know. and please lesser floral cakes.

As you can see I changed my blog's name. Its a new year thing. Why celestial? Its my favorite brand of tea ( Celestial Seasonings ), a cup of Tension Tamer or Apple Cinnamon paired with my baked goodies is enough to send you floating across the Milky Way. 


This year will be fun and prettier. I promise.


So to welcome the 2013 right I made a classic Blueberry Cheesecake. A good Blueberry Cheesecake should have balance and smoothness. Balance wherein you can taste the nutty and buttery crust, the silky and creamy cheese cake, and sweet n' tart tinge of blueberry topping. Smoothness in the sense that the cheese cake should not be "rough sweet" and has no lumps. The only texture that you can feel should only come from the blueberry and the crust.


Thanks to Excelle Elite Non-Stick Wilton Heart Tart Pan, its really foolproof. no need to grease the sides, it comes out perfectly. It really is heart shaped.


HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! Wishing you all a fruitful and healthy 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment