Monday, December 10, 2012

The Angry Bird Cake





My Angry Birds Cake is imperfectly cute. This is all buttercream except for the bird. The flowers are  painstakingly piped a day before and kept frozen for easy arrangement. Im not a fan of royal icing flowers, I love the beauty of the curves of buttercream flowers. 

There is no Wilton Rose (sorry to my wilton instructor, still you are the best), there is only My Rose, you have to practice piping flowers often you have to discover your "flow", its your way, it will be your piping penmanship. I discovered mine after 3 months of wasting icing sugar and shortening. No joke, its numbing, but seeing your first perfect flower is heaven. Dont be disappointed if you cant even pipe a bud, it takes a lot of time and patience. I have a lot to learn in piping, its a never ending process of failures and discovery.

PIPE AWAY!

 "Life is like buttercream its the most fragile, 

unstable, unpredictable thing there is." 

No comments:

Post a Comment