Saturday, September 15, 2012

Mangoriffic! - Mango Loaf








I've been busy this past days, with so many errands, baking and researching to do. Yes researching for what I will be selling for Christmas. Until now I still dont have any concrete idea what to offer. Really bleak... weak... bleak... whatever.

Anyways, I know I'll get by... I always do. 

Instead I formulated a brilliant recipe for a Mango Loaf Cake. Not really formulated but I twisted my Banana Loaf Cake recipe and turned it into a Mango Loaf. At first I thought it wont work, because I know in the first place that mango is more acidic than bananas, maybe it wont rise and it will turn out rock hard. When it went out the oven it looks depressing. Too brown for a mango loaf, dry, and kinda too solid. But as always I gave it a chance, I let it cool then wrap it in a foil then refrigerate it overnight. 

Its taste test time. In the morning, when I sliced it I was greeted by a bright mango cake below the dark brown crust dotted with real mango bits. It was moist, soft and fluffy, sweet mango smelling and its dense in a good way. You can eat it in one seating like what my nephew did. 

Just like in real life: " Always give it another day to judge someone or something. "

No comments:

Post a Comment