Sunday, April 1, 2012

Crema De Fruta- for your Easter Lunch Dessert




I hate Crema de Fruta or its just that I haven't tasted a really good Crema de Fruta. Goldilock's Crema de Fruta is tasteless all you can really taste is the peaches and the sour gelatin topping made of the syrup from the peaches. 

So I gave Crema de Fruta a chance... I made one myself. First I baked a Chiffon Sheet Cake, made a bowl of Pastry Cream then I drained a can of FALCON VALLEY Fruit Cocktail (its the brand that doesn't have papaya slices on it).

I assembled it by slicing the Chiffon Sheet Cake just like the shape of my container, First I placed the sliced cake then slathered some pastry cream, then some fruit cocktail and then place another sliced caked then pastry cream then arrange some fruit cocktail on top.

I suggest you make your own pastry cream rather than using the all-purpose cream-condensed milk combo. I know that its more time consuming but you will really see the difference and pastry cream tend not to be watery thus not soaking your cake compared to the cream-milk combo.

I planned to put a gelatin topping on it but I ran out of Knox so as you can see no gelatin topping! But if you do plan to put some on yours which is aesthetically better. Do not use the fruit cocktail syrup mixed with gelatin, instead use Mango Nectar dissolved with a sachet of Knox, really good....

No comments:

Post a Comment